Pages

26 January, 2013

The 100th Day of School

This upcoming week is a big one. We have two celebration days in a row. On Wednesday, it is a certain teacher's birthday. Her students are planning a surprise for her. They are adorable students. I cannot wait to see what they have planned.
The day after my a certain teacher's birthday, it is the 100th day of school. I am definitely excited for it. I take any excuse to make school that much more fun. One thing I am sad about is that my team is doing math rotations this week. It is the first time we are rotating in anything and it just happens to be on the 100th day of school. I had some math activities that I definitely wanted to do with them. Maybe we'll just do double math. (True story: This past week, I gave my students the option to rearrange the schedule for a day to fit in two math lessons and all except 5 voted to do that.) Here is a rundown of what we are going to do.

1-100 search (math activity)
I received an epiphany for this idea when I saw this cute Hunting for Kisses idea from this website.
Once I thought about how this activity wouldn't do very much for my 4th graders, I changed it up a bit. I still will put kisses throughout the room, but they will search for the kisses with a partner. When they find one, they mark it off on the chart and then draw two arrays for the number and list all the factor pairs.

Make 100 pinwheels. I am a mega fan of pinwheels. So cute and springish. (If we need anything, it is a little spring. It was -20 a couple weeks ago when I arrived at school. Disgusting.)
If each of my students made 3, we would just about have 100.

I definitely am going to be making a sign similar to this one.
In fact, I want to get started on that one right away. Her website is full of adorable pennants and I am definitely a fan of the adorable pennant.

Last but not least, have a 100-year-old photo shoot. Remember a few years ago when mustaches on a stick were all the rage? (Okay, they are still all the rage.) Well...picture this: Your choice of a white mustache, beard, hair, and thick glasses. Choose what you like and adorn yourself as a 100-year-old for a photo shoot with your friends. I have hinted to it already and my little 4th graders were really hyped up.

There you go. A few of my 100 day ideas. (Can't Thursday come any sooner?)

No comments:

Post a Comment