Pages

01 March, 2012

#

What does the # symbol mean to you?

At work I use it when communicating with our shipping company as a symbol for pounds.
Sometimes I use it on my phone.

On Monday it meant something new to me. Why?

I was sitting in the Covey Center for the Arts waiting for a concert to start. It was a concert my darling husband was performing in. I did not make it to a single one of his concerts last semester and I decided this semester would be different.
On the program, I got super excited when I saw the # symbol. Why? At the bottom of the program there was a key that announced "# indicates concertmaster."
At the top of the violin section was my husband's name.

# Wolfgang Jaeger

I was so proud of him as he did his solo walk across the stage to the applause of the audience. When he tuned the orchestra, I felt frustration at the rather large man who took his seat last minute immediately in front of me, causing me to only have view of far stage right and stage left. Even though I rarely could see my husband during his debut as concertmaster for the UVU chamber orchestra, I was still the proudest wife that I could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment