Pages

23 July, 2012

Ruler container

I have been trying to find space saving and cute ways to store some of the school supplies my students will be using. Last year I worked with some of the 6th graders at my school and found that they hardly knew how to use a ruler so I knew I wanted to incorporate measurement just a bit more than the core suggests.
Cue the wine tubes I found for $2.00 at Joann's.
They are compact and one will fit about half of the rulers I need for my class. The only problem was that they needed a bit of a makeover. (The designs were cute but they had wine words on them.)


I grabbed some gray spray paint (leftover from my wedding last year; I love working with free tools) and got to spraying. I left the lids on so that the cute design would still be visible.
All I needed to do after that was apply vinyl. Because I felt as though I had been wasting lots of the space between vinyl letters lately, I took advantage of the letters and the outline this time. No wasted vinyl.


I think they will be just about perfect for what I made them for!

Linking up...


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out looking great!

    You stopped by my blog and left a comment so I wanted to hop on over to see yours! You've been very busy with the Monday Made It days.
    I'm your newest follower too!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete